SaltCritters.com

Aqueon Flexible LED Bubble Wands for small back chamber refugium?

mikeminireef

mikeminireef

I have the IM Nuvo 16 and using the inTank refugium basket in one of the back chambers. I have the timer set at a reverse cycle with the main display lights. Currently using the inTank 10W submersible light but it gets a little too hot. So I'm exploring the use of a submersible LED light.

Would the Aqueon Flexible White LED Bubble Wand work (see link)? Figured I'll try the 7" White version and have it flex thru the ball of Chaeto in the chamber.

Not planning on using the bubbler but since the unit has the option, will it help attaching an airstone to the bubbler to make the chaeto tumble a little?

FYI: I can't strip the back of the tank since it's already filled and too close to the wall for me to operate so I don't want to buy the attachable side LED lights. Also do not want a hang on/clamp on light for aesthetic reasons.

drunkenmonk21

I dont believe that light will put out enough to keep that chaeto alive. the bigest one is only 0.72 watts at its 21" long. The smaller one is 7" long at only 0.24 watts. Also I would not turn on a bubbler in there either.

Archived