Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hydor setup questions vs MP10

dburt520

Does anyone have any CURRENT experience with the Hydor Smart Wave Pump Controller and 2 Nano pumps (I ordered 2 of the 425's and 2 of the 240's).

I know everyone recommends the MP10, however that just seems like way to much flow in every video that I have seen.

I will be running an MJ1200 for the return and dont like the look of soft corals being blasted with water, rather have a slower, smoother flow in the tank.

I find reviews of the Hydor set up, all are 2 years old, but alot of people say that they click and eventually blow the cover off. From reading it sounds like they made some changes to the pumps, however I can't find any recent reviews on them. Not sure if this has been corrected or not.

It is not really a money thing (I have as much invested in the Hydor pumps/Wavemaker than the cost of an MP10). Is the MP10 really that much better, and can it be turned WAY down?

Following. I'm curious as well. My nanos don't seem very noisy when I flip them off using the power strip for feeding purposes. I can't imagine the controller makes it any worse but I have no experience there. There has been a lot of buzz around the Jebao WP10 pumps as well. They seem like a MP10 knock off but at a fraction of the cost.

Actually, I saw the Jebao WP10 in action yesterday and a friends house. He has been using them for a while and they are flawless.

Really?! i thought the wp10 wont be delivered until mid january..

I have had both 25's and a 40. Love the two 25's in my 100G, the 40 was too much. I am ordering a WP-10 for my nano soon to replace a Evo nano 425 and Koralia K-1. Saw a photo a sponsor had on one of the forums and they look nice an small but still capable of up to 4000 L per hour which is pretty amazing.

I have had both 25's and a 40. Love the two 25's in my 100G, the 40 was too much. I am ordering a WP-10 for my nano soon to replace a Evo nano 425 and Koralia K-1. Saw a photo a sponsor had on one of the forums and they look nice an small but still capable of up to 4000 L per hour which is pretty amazing.

I was really interested in the performance of the wp10 ...unfortunately they got rid of the suction mounts.

Archived