ReefCleaners.org

Spazizz's 25g Cube UPGRADE

spazizz

Thanks.

I did tweak the scape a little bit, Ill have to take a picture.

Really sorry to hear about the cardinal...love your scape though

Very sad about the fish dying.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking about getting a 25g perfecto frameless cube to replace the 16g.

Does any one have a 18x18x18 cube? How do you like the dimensions? Any thing you don't like about it? The thing I hated the most about my 37g was the height.

If I get the 25g I have to be happy with it for the rest of my life... That's what my wife said :P

I'm thinking about getting a 25g perfecto frameless cube to replace the 16g.

Does any one have a 18x18x18 cube? How do you like the dimensions? Any thing you don't like about it? The thing I hated the most about my 37g was the height.

If I get the 25g I have to be happy with it for the rest of my life... That's what my wife said :P

Go with a mr aqua low iron 25g rimless cube over the perfecto if its the only tank you can get from now on... that or get a 200g and really make it count haha.

In all seriousness I have never been impressed with any perfecto tank I have owned. The silicone job on my last 20l was scary bad.

I upgraded to a 25 gallon cube. I went with the perfecto because I could get one locally and I got a good deal on it.

But I was off to a rough start.. I was going up the stairs from my basement with 6 gallons of RO/DI and the buckets handle broke when I was almost at the top. I watched in slow motion my precious RO water tumbling then exploding half way down.

*Corals are pissed off*

DSCI0003_zpsc04f5254.jpg

Close up

DSCI0006_zpsaa669bbd.jpg

Adding sand and figuring out flow was difficult. When my tank was bare bottom I could have as much flow as I wanted so it took me a while to figure out how to not create a sand storm in my using the same equipment.

Following! I almost went with an 18" cube, but decided the space saved by going with a 16" was preferable. How much rock do you have in there? Is your rock flush up against the back?

No idea how much rock is in there, but all you see is all that's in there. No rock is touching any glass, I hate rock touching the glass.

I really like the tank, and so do my fish. They dottyback has been all over the place and my clowns decided they can venture away from the top half of the tank for once.

Following! I almost went with an 18" cube, but decided the space saved by going with a 16" was preferable. How much rock do you have in there? Is your rock flush up against the back?

JavaJacketOC

My prior tank was these dims and I loved it (it's still in the garage and will be set up again at some point). The only issue I had is aquascaping...I had a hard time fiding a scape I liked and ended up piling up agaist the corner where the overflow was. I didn't love it but since I didn't dryscape it was the best I could come up with at the time.

I like the aquascape I came up with. I can see every place where my corals will be in the future. This tank was a walk in the park compared to my 47g column I had years ago or even my 55g

My prior tank was these dims and I loved it (it's still in the garage and will be set up again at some point). The only issue I had is aquascaping...I had a hard time fiding a scape I liked and ended up piling up agaist the corner where the overflow was. I didn't loe it but since I didn't dryscape it was the best I could come up with at the time.

After having the tank for a few days, I noticed this in the silicone.

8e95cc30-b963-48f9-ada1-b259ea46f828_zps

DSCI00042_zpsaa260e66.jpg

I can't tell if it was chipped and it's just filled with silicone or if it's there's a glass piece "floating" around in the silicone. But after poking it, seems like it's both.

• 1 month later...

Well I returned the marineland 25 cube. Marinelands customer service was terrible, Ill never buy a marineland aquarium again.

Ill probably get the regular glass mr aqua, I dont care for the low iron.

I just received my mr aqua today. The box was pretty beaten up(UPS -__-), but the millions of packing peanuts and bubble wrap kept the tank safe. I guess Ill do a leak test now. So far im very pleased with the quality but it's not very hard to beat marineland so my opinion might not mean much.

UPS always throws my packages..

• 3 months later...

I'm thinking about taking the algae scrubber down. It seems like it doesn't do any thing, it grows a lot but... that's an indication I still have a nutrient problem. I might try dosing sugar again.

Ordered TDS meter, new sediment filter, carbon filter and flush kit. I'm scared of what my tds might be out of the RO. I might need a new membrane..

My clownfish has also decided she doesn't like me any more so now she swishes her tail at my hand any time I'm in her tank.

I really wish the tank was barebottom but I'm liking the look of sand to much. The flow was awesome with barebottom.

I got my RO goodies today. My tds was 13 out the RO and my tap was 286. Which gives my membrane a 95% rejection rate. I thought I was going to have to replace the membrane but it looks like it's still good.

Archived