Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mini PC lighting for 4g

lilreefr

I need some help. I am about to start up a 4g nano. My question is where can I find a retro kit that puts out 25-40 watts in about 12". I am not an electrician, but my diy electric skills are ok. As for the actual hood, reflector and stand, I will build something to fit. I have seen retros for 28w, but cant find them now. I would like to get more than 28w, possibly 3x14w. Whaddya think??

Current USA lists a unit that is 12" and has a single or double 18w bulb but it's not a retro.

Commodity Axis makes a 11" 2X18w retro.

Coralife has the EZ-Ballast that will handle 18 to 65w bulbs in single or twin bulb units.

Current,Commodity Axis,and Jali have 18w and 24w bulbs.

AReeferIsExpensive

i use the coralife aqualight on my 5.5...i use the light legs so it doesnt matter that it "hangs over the edges" a bit....

I know you prob wont end up doing that but just letting u know what others are doin~

g/l

Hey just dave,

I cant seem to find much info on either of the two listed. I hit the commodity axis site and looked at their kit, but no dealers listed.

Well thanks to all who researched and replied, I have printed this thread so I can find it when I need it. As for the 4g, my newb friend bought a mandarin for his unestablished tank, so the little tank got converted to a fuge overnight in a desperate attempt to save the fish from starvation. We finished the fuge and were headed to the LFS to stock it the next morning. Well when he woke up the pretty fish was stuck to the ph intake. I hope he learned his lesson, but I just might have to beat it into him. Anyway thanks again to all who helped and I am now on a quest for a minibow 7.

Archived