Top Shelf Aquatics

3 gal nano

saltfishlover

saltfishlover

my daughter wanted to turn her 3gal tank into a nano. we were thinking of just 1 shroom 1 LR and a damsel. this tank was purchased at walmart and has the NO light on it. Will this light be fine for that? adding different is not going to me worth the money as she may not stay interested.

I have a 3 galon tank with a PC light on it I got it stock I dont know the wattage of the light in your tank so I cant tell you if it is going to good for much. if you want to put a fish in get it small and you will have to move it to a bigger tank within a year.

Why not get a cleaner shrimp instead of a fish? They're friendly and fun to watch. Sometimes they will even clean your fingers.

A fish might be a bit too much bioload.

bravoreefer

I had a 2.5 minibow with 4# of LR and 1 Skunk CLeaner shrimp. I wanted more out of my nano so I upgraded to a Mini Bow 7gal. However I was greatly depressed when my shrimp died when i was changing everything from the 2.5 to the 7. I have just posted pix in my profile. Soon Ill have a Firefish, that lil fish was the main reason I upgraded from my lil mini 2.5 to a MB7. The MB2.5 works great with the Coralife Mini Compact 50/50 10watt bulb. That is what I used in it.

• 4 weeks later...

3gal eclipse has benn up for almost six months now... small maroon clown, royal gramma, cleaner shrimp, multiple snails, hermits and baby serpants stars, 1gallon water change every week calcium additive with make up water, so fish can be done if one is diligent

bravoreefer

I am seriously considering adding a second fish to my 7galMB. That is just to much in that little, sorry to tell ya bud.

Archived