Coral Vue Hydros

encrusting flower pot

mosquared

Dear nano-reef members,

Today I went to the LFS to buy my very first coral. At first I decided that I would pick up star polyps after all the stuff I have heard about them. However, when I got there, they were rather nasty looking, not like the colonies I have seen before. So I talked to the "sales guy" about a different first coral I could get. Well, guess what?! he sold me a flower pot coral. And I know- many of you will say- MO! what were you thinking flower pots = NO! Yeah, Yeah. I understand. But- they did not look like the other flower pots that I have seen before. Mistaking them your zoo's- I bought them(i've always heard that zoo's are bullet proof). THey opened well and the "sales guy" told me they would do GREAT as a first coal . I didnt realized what I had until the guys here at nano-reef.com told me.

Right now I am thinking about not even trying to raise it, and just selling it or trading it. Give me a Mandarin and I will get it to eat frozen. But corals are another thing. I believe I do not have the knowledge or equipment to raise this coral properly. Please, if you are more experienced, please take advantage of this, and give me a offer. Some multi-colored zoo's perhaps- or a seahorse :biggrin: ? I am not sure what I have do yet, (thinking about call the LFS and seeing how it goes). A plea from a hobbyist to another hobbyist :cry2: . Will some one give me an offer?

The piece is rather beautiful by the way. I will try attaching a pic. Its roughly, 4.5" by 4" attachment.php?s=&postid=287016attachment.php?s=&postid=287045

Phiche Master

Have any of the polyps died yet? Cuz I have got some green star polyps that I could trade ya or chaetomorphia marco algae, I notice you have a lot of plants.

Archived