Top Shelf Aquatics

[ID] Please Identify These Zoas/Palys for me

ReviloM

1) Zoanthus gigantus

2) Zoanthus gigantus

3) Zoanthus vietnamensis

4) Zoanthus sansibaricus

5) Zoanthus sansibaricus

Thanks. Clarification: Anyone know the common names of these zoa morphs?

3 is armor of god palys I think.

I thought the same just needed a confirmation.

A rose by any other name yadda yadda

That's fine and dandy, but somebody looking to sell in the future would like to know names. In this hobby as sad as it is, names sell, looks don't.

but in a hobby where names sell and looks don't, does it really matter what you call them? just add "ultra" or "rare" at the end. especially if you don't know what they really are, and so many zoas with different names look almost identical

There are a lot of subtle nuances that a lot of pretentious people pay attention to. I have zoas tht look exactly like a hornet variety but the skirt doesnt alternate colors. That brings my "value" from 10-15 pp to 10 polyps for 5 bucks. I bought them because I liked them though.

A lot of sellers do what you are saying. Even our sponsors are throwing the word "rare" Infront of average ricordea and asking 50% more for it, or selling gsp for 10 bucks, and "ultra neon alien gsp" for 30 (meanwhile they have the same stock photo).

Um..I just wanted to know the names so I could label them in my build as well as be able to tell people what the "common names" are. You guys started a discussion from what was asked.

Archived