Top Shelf Aquatics

Helios MH/PC 24" hood

Goliath

Guys,

I need your help. There is a new MH/PC 24" hood made by a company called Helios that I know is out and I could get it from my local aquarium shop, but I am having the hardest time finding this product online. The shop by my place rips you off so very bad and I would like to see what this hood sells for online first.

I am calling on the Nano community to see if anyone has anymore information on the new hood setup?

Here is what I know:

Hood name: Helios

24" hood

150watt HQI bulb

2 36w PC.

If anyone know where I can buy this online or just get more information, I will be very greatful.

mokick3,

You know I believed that too, but I cannot find a damn thing that is even close on their website for that hood fixture. Anyone else know of these lights and where they can be purchased?

• 2 weeks later...

I have also been trying to track down Helios, to find replacement parts for my Power compact unit. It turns out they they are in fact made by Commodity Axis (same people who make via aqua). They were not able to give me any distibutors though. In my case they told me to send them the unit for repair at I price I didn't find very attractive. I would shy away from them in the future just due to the difficulty in finding parts.

digitallinx

one word.....HELIOS SUCKS... well thats two....many people, like myself have been having problems with there ballasts and there bulbs are not so good either, lots of LFS wn't carry the product, because of the problems... just do a search for via aqua ballast or helios and you'll see......

Well, if helios is indeed the same as the via aqua ballasts you get on via aqua tanks (18 gallon), then it is 4sure junk. I guess they are trying to resolve the problems, but who knows... Not worth more money to them to try out a new replacement ballast.

Unfortunately most of us will/do find out that you really to get what you pay for.

Lot of nice MH hood/pendents out there... even some combos...

Good luck

Sands

Coralife has a new line of Aqualights out that have 150w DE MH(s),actinic PC bulbs ,and LED moonlights. They have a 24"x15" unit in that line.

Originally posted by just dave

Coralife has a new line of Aqualights out that have 150w DE MH(s),actinic PC bulbs ,and LED moonlights. They have a 24"x15" unit in that line.

Got any links/info to these new fixtures? Must be brain dead cuz I can't turn anything up on google...

Archived