ReefCleaners.org

A Bug's Life

seabass

Just got back from Disney World. Here are a few bugs that I saw.
121113a.jpg

121113b.jpg
On a napkin, eating maple syrup from my Mickey waffles.

121113c.jpg

Taken in Auto mode with a Canon S120 P&S.

llama roadkill

Just got back from Disney World. Here are a few bugs that I saw.121113a.jpg121113b.jpg

On a napkin, eating maple syrup from my Mickey waffles.121113c.jpg

Taken in Auto mode with a Canon S120 P&S.

Cool! You're in FL right now?

1. Leafhopper 2. Bee 3. Japanese beetle

I would have also accepted: 1) part of the Green Giant's toga, 2) a Syrup Bee (aka Sticky Bee), and 3) Beetlejuice.

llama roadkill
I would have also accepted: 1) part of the Green Giant's toga, 2) a Syrup Bee (aka Sticky Bee), and 3) Beetlejuice.

Don't say it three times, :o

llama roadkill
Haha, thanks Lalani.What, Beetlejuice?

D'oh! Almost said Beetlejuice three times.

Oh crap.

That was close.

You have to say it 3 times quick. You're fine. :)

FOR NOW!

Really cool pics, anyway. :)

• 2 months later...

1. Leafhopper 2. Bee 3. Japanese beetle

we call num 1 a katydid here, not sure how common that name is outside of wv though although googling it brings it up.

Edit: holy crap malaysia has giant katydids.

Thanks! It suits my needs very well. I like that i can carry it in my jeans pocket, its 1/1.7" sensor, f/1.8 at wide angle, and 1080p/60p video. However, sometimes I get some color fringing, and I wish it had an even larger sensor. Who knows, someday I might also get a DSLR.

Thanks! It suits my needs very well. I like that i can carry it in my jeans pocket, its 1/1.7" sensor, f/1.8 at wide angle, and 1080p/60p video. However, sometimes I get some color fringing, and I wish it had an even larger sensor. Who knows, someday I might also get a DSLR.

lightroom has pretty awesome chromatic aberration correction software with it. My money is on the color fringing diminishing if you stick to apertures around f8 when possible if you don't want to correct it with software but it bothers you.

Archived