ReefCleaners.org

AH Supply 55watt Combo bulbs

Guy

:) Just set up another tank (29 gallon) and I am running the 2x55 watt set up from ahsupply. I usually use a 10k and a blue bulb but noticed that they now sell a combo bulb so I ordered a pair.

I fired up this set up yesterday and I am very pleased with the overall effect. it is a bit more blue than when using the individual 10k and blue Bulb combo. but it is actually more pleasing to the eye in my opinion.

I know a lot of folks have their prefered sources for lighting and i'm no exception. I have been very happy with AH and wanted to let the other folks that use them as well that this is now available.

Thanks

Guy

I have stuff from AH, Hellolights, and a CSL SmartLight from Chris here.

Hands-down, I've liked the AH stuff the best. The CSL is a decent starter light, but I don't like the 50/50 bulb personally. The hellolights ballasts are $0.50 pieces of junk, the reflectors velcro onto the integral ballasts, one of the ballast/sockets I received is smaller than the others, and the bulb rests against the reflector because of this. Really, the equipment is just this side of junk. Maybe their kits >13W are better, but the 13W stuff is pathetic. Further, they don't supply things like screws for mounting and switches for the powercord. Or any instructions.

AH Supply's kits are well thought-out, contain supperior ballasts and reflectors, include excellent instructructions, and had every little doo-dad I needed to isntall them.

Same could be said for the CSL stuff. It's jsut a little cheaper quality, and you don't get that excellent support that AH provides (although, hellolights provides good phone support, too).

Kudos to AH Supply.

I have a digital camera that I bought a while back that I need to fool with and take some pictures of the new 29 gallon tank and my 10 gallon amd post them. But you folks have some great looking tanks and mine won't be in your league, but you will get to see the lighting in action.

Guy

I have the AHS 55 watt 50/50 bulbs over my 20. At first they were VERY blue. I was a little concerned, but after a few days of burn in the blue toned down a bit and I'm very happy with them.

Archived