New skimmer time!

migs671

trying to decide between the

NEW PLS-50 NANO PIPELESS SKIMMER

or the

Bubble Magus NAC3.5 In Sump Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer w/ Bubble Plate

or open to any other suggestion its for a 25g

SouthFlorida_Tron

Are you using a sump? Y not go with a full sized skimmer, but if not the pls 50 is probably better rated for the 25g.

Are you using a sump? Y not go with a full sized skimmer, but if not the pls 50 is probably better rated for the 25g.

it will be going in a sump

so you think the cad light will be beter?

SouthFlorida_Tron

For 25 gallons, I would think the nac is a bit over skim... The pls 50 would match better, but honestly the pls 100 may be a great option. Compromise between the two.

Mr. Microscope

I'm currently running both the nano pipeless skimmer and NAC3. The NAC3 far outperforms the PLS50. I hardly get anything out of the pipeless. However, I may not have it properly tuned in. I did however, have my NAC3 turned off for a few days and I got some pretty good stuff out of the pipeless. I also think the NAC is a little easier to tune. BTW, my DT is also 25 gallons and I have about a 13 gallon sump (filled to maybe 8 gallons), total volume 33g.

I'm currently running both the nano pipeless skimmer and NAC3. The NAC3 far outperforms the PLS50. I hardly get anything out of the pipeless. However, I may not have it properly tuned in. I did however, have my NAC3 turned off for a few days and I got some pretty good stuff out of the pipeless. I also think the NAC is a little easier to tune. BTW, my DT is also 25 gallons and I have about a 13 gallon sump (filled to maybe 8 gallons), total volume 33g.

out of your experience what would you suggest?

Archived