Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Cubes are all the rage just ask my room.

Whitten

• 3 weeks later...

as always I am trying to figure out how best to take pictures with my Sony DSC-P71, but they always end up washed out for some reason or another.

Anyway, here are the updates after the reef club meeting last night. One of the guys at the meeting gave me a frag of montripora digitata, and it is a beautiful purple color....I know I know I don't have enough light, but that is something that will on the way shortly. I am really happy that it opend right up after I put it in, and hasn't complined in the least.

I also picked up two cerith snails, as well as a blue and red leather.

So here are the pics.

5748DSC03012.JPG

Full tank shot

5748DSC03014.JPG

side shot.

5748DSC03018.JPG

New red shroom, and my deflated frogspawn.

5748DSC03016.JPG

GSP and my purple digitata.

5748DSC03023.JPG

My gramma and his buddy the shrimp

5748DSC03026-med.JPG

And here is an update on my G/f Ginnys tank. It is a minibow 2.5, and I have been finding little frags of zoos and stuff like the bright orange ones to pretty up the tank.

As you can see Aubie( the clownfish) has taken to his anemone quite well. I had to pull the bright orange zoos that were in there out and put them in my tank so that I could nurse them back to health. They were bleached when I got them, but they were free. So now they are in my tank and looking much better.

So here is a question about my frogspawn, it has been getting bigger, but isn't really spreading twords the top much. Should I move it farther down? Do you think it may be getting to much light?

As a side note I want to give a huge shout out to Cappuccino Bay Aquarium in Marietta GA, for helping to make this little tank such a success in such a short time. If you are ever in the Atlanta area don't bother with any other store...go straight to them.

I used to have fw tank with blue gill and a crappie, and I fed them little goldfish. It was pretty awsome! Then I released the blue gills into a lake, and as soon as I put them in, four giant bass just swooped in outta nowhere and ate them all! It was sort of dissapointing, but really cool at the same time!

That is basicly the plan with Hampton. I am going to release him after this year into a protected lake where no one will be able to fish.

Here is a funny story about that Ric, it was a hitch hiker on a piece of LR that I thought was so pretty for my G/fs tank. Now that it has my Xenia's on it it more than likely won't be returning back to her tank. But hey she has the Anemone and I don't.

Here is a really funny and cool story. I just noticed this, and sadly you can't see it but the white shell at the bottom right hand side of the tank has a hole in the side of it from a whelk drilling it. I found the shell in Gulf shores and thought it would make a nice piece to glue frags to, well....after close inspection, there is a tiny orange zoo inside of the shell that is poking it's head out of the hole. I have no clue how it got there or where it came from, but it is there, and I am so happy it is comming out of the whelk hole, it should make for an interesting picture later on.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I decided to take a few pictures of my tank after returning home from Thanksgiving. For a while I was going to do updates in new threads every month, but I think I am just going to continue to update this thread.

New Developments.

Hampton the Bass...is in a better place.....not dead, he actually went to a buddy of mines 55 gallon. I will have new shots of him in his new home later.

I let him go to a new home in order to begin construction on my 30 gallon cube as a reef.

So until that happens here are some updates of the cube.

5748DSC03438-med.JPG

5748DSC03426-med.JPG

5748DSC03419.JPG

5748DSC03407.JPG

I really appreciate the kind words there Ceasar. I have been working on this tank quite alot to get it to where it is now, and it seems like everything is comming together finally...just before I am about to start another tank.

I know it doesn't look to apparent but I completely re did the rock work in the tank. Due to the arch though it still looks much the same. I guess there just isn't very much you can do with a big old arch.

Hey I had a bass for 2 years but left top off tank for one hour and he jumped out and died, that sucked, well I had good times feeding him goldfish he would jump out of the water to get it out of my hand, he was cool I hope to get a new one.

Just do what I did, and get a cast net to catch you a new one.

I miss him, but he is happy in his new tank.

Barbe, that would be one hell of an awesome present for X-mas. I think you are going to be more than amazed at the difference in light. I can't wait to see your tank when you get the light over it.

• 1 month later...

WAR EAGLE!

I just started up my DX nano cube. I am using a 606 and the orignal stock pump. I actually cut a 1" by 1" square over the top of the back wall and used a u tube to bring an outlet into the tank. I blieve that I have way to much rock though...about 15lbs of tonga and figi, mostly tonga so it takes up alot of space. How much rock is in your tank?

I will be in auburn in the near future speaking at the college of Ag want to swap some frags or something...

• 2 weeks later...

Hesstondc, I would love to swap some frags. We are actually starting a reef club here in Auburn. There are actually quite a few members and I really think we are going to have a great club in the near future.

I have about 13 lbs of rock in my tank. That is due mostly because of that arch which is very thick. I think the more rock the better though. I love the way a tank looks stacked all the way to the top...it makes it look like a true enough reef.

Warrior Boy....War Damn EAGLE!!!!!!! Thanks for the vote Complement I love them...and they are always very much appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Well...I came in to update my thread about my Nano Cube since I am re setting it up for the G/f and just realized that none of my pics are showing up anymore. I can't help but to feel like maybe it has something to do with the changes that were made to the site. It is to bad too, because this site used to be so easily navigated, now it is a mess.

Archived