Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nh3/Nh+4 up then down

johnrags1234

johnrags1234

i put my cured rock and sand in on monday. I tested monday night and got .25 on ammonium,same with on tuesday. But i tested today and i got .00. I know my cycle probably isnt over b/c my nitrite hasnt spiked, but does this mean my ammonia part is over? Or is this just coincidence. Im not getting any die off of the rock it doesnt seem so should i add my desired cleanup crew?(a shrimp probably blood, 3 snails and 2 hermits) now so i get some waste product. trust me im not trying to rush things at all b/c i know how screwed up tanks get if you do but ive never seen this b4 and havent cycled w/ cured lr.

Don't add anything just yet. Let it ride. The rock has to find a balance in your tank. There will be nothing for your clean-up crew to eat now anyway. Give it a couple weeks, by then you'll have some algae growth, and if your levels are OK, you can slowly start adding stuff.

:) Thanks man, but I was just kidding. If I set up a new tank (or more accurately- when I setup a new tank), it's gonna be a bigboy.

BTW, I see you're from Cleveland. Do they still have the John Lennon exhibit at the R&R HOF? We took our second trip out there earlier this year. Great little town. Also hit Cedar Point and South Bass Island.

For those who haven't been there... South Bass is this little island in Lake Erie. You ferry over, and rent a golf cart (that's how everyone there gets around. Even the houses of the full-time residents have tiny little driveways in front for their golf carts). Basically, there's a marina and a large clump of bars. They have the world's longest bar. The thing has to be almost a full block long, it's sick. By the end of the day, everyone is good and loaded, and DWIing all over the place on golf carts. :D

Archived