SaltCritters.com

Protein skimmer from ebay

cpballer

• 6 years later...
On 11/25/2013 at 10:14 AM, cpballer said:

I wonder if anyone has ever used this wood airstone protein skimmer? Wuld this actually work or cause more problems?

post-81781-0-49718200-1385392465_thumb.jpg

Did you use this?

I don't know how much they are charging on eBay but you can buy it direct from China on aliexpress for like $2.50 and free shipping. I buy so much stuff from that website. You just have to be willing to wait for it. I only recently thought to look and see if they have fish stuff and they have that skimmer and other equipment as well. My stuff usually takes a little over a month to get to me. They ship it fast but then I believe it must sit in customs forever!! because you can track your packages and when it says "left the country of origin" and shows a little plane, it hangs out that way for, as said, like a month, and obviously the plane isn't flying for a month! lol But yeah, that skimmer is only a couple bucks and no shipping and I was honestly considering it myself. What have you got to lose for $3?!

I used this thing for like a couple months on a nano maybe 6 years ago. It's actually not trash for the 7$ I paid on amazon. It's hard to mount and tends to run a little watery no matter how you adjust it, and likes to spill, but it's the cheapest skimmer I think there is. UV light makes the plastic crack. Works in a pinch but not great for long term use.

• 3 weeks later...