ReefCleaners.org

BML (build my led)

zeke2020

well then i guess im different........its been 2 days <_<

Ohh probably because of the holidays? I don't know...just call them then lol. All I can say is that I would go with BML anytime for long tanks, or possibly small cubes where 1 fixture is enough..

Stocking for my tank is mainly softies & LPS but looking to eventually move up to SPS . From what i hear these leds are good for everything!

Stocking for my tank is mainly softies & LPS but looking to eventually move up to SPS . From what i hear these leds are good for everything!

Just make sure you have some warm whites, ultra violets, blues, royal blues, red, cyans and you're good to go!

Place my order today. Going with 24inch fixture, 90°beam angle, and custom spectrum.

Now a question i have is I want to purchase the RKL and from what i understand, i will also need to purchase the ALC module. So i can have a sunrise /sunset control feature. I would like the ramp times to be over the course of an hour or two. But from what I've read is alot of trouble with the ramp times lasting only 30 seconds. (Still with me?) So if i understand this correctly, acclimating corals will be a problem due to light intensity if I'm unable to control that aspect??? Maybe I'm confused about this or am reading this all wrong but i really would like to purchase this system to help me with ATO, LEDS, HEATER, FANS etc...

Well at least i have my light ordered as well as my surprise gift from a N-R member named CHRIS thats helping me with a special project!! I'm sure you'll all enjoy it as much as I'm looking forward to getting it!!!

Place my order today. Going with 24inch fixture, 90°beam angle, and custom spectrum.

Now a question i have is I want to purchase the RKL and from what i understand, i will also need to purchase the ALC module. So i can have a sunrise /sunset control feature. I would like the ramp times to be over the course of an hour or two. But from what I've read is alot of trouble with the ramp times lasting only 30 seconds. (Still with me?) So if i understand this correctly, acclimating corals will be a problem due to light intensity if I'm unable to control that aspect??? Maybe I'm confused about this or am reading this all wrong but i really would like to purchase this system to help me with ATO, LEDS, HEATER, FANS etc...

Well at least i have my light ordered as well as my surprise gift from a N-R member named CHRIS thats helping me with a special project!! I'm sure you'll all enjoy it as much as I'm looking forward to getting it!!!

Lolol, nicee. As for the rkl, I can't help you with that since I don't know how it works or never have I owned one...

But I'm glad to hear you with with the 90 degree beam angle, but why didn't you request a 15" fixture? It would've been perfect for your 15" tank lol.

It would've been perfect for your 15" tank lol.

Lol..i have a 15 gallon.. 24" long!! I went 90° because the fixture will be close to the water (tank is only 12"deep)hopefully giving me the best spread. Thank for trying to help with the RKL. Been researching the last couple of days and its been quite the endeavour!!

It would've been perfect for your 15" tank lol.

Lol..i have a 15 gallon.. 24" long!! I went 90° because the fixture will be close to the water (tank is only 12"deep)hopefully giving me the best spread. Thank for trying to help with the RKL. Been researching the last couple of days and its been quite the endeavour!!

Ohh I thought it was you who had a 15" long tank....my bad lol.

So you only ordered one fixture right? Imo, it's not worth getting two fixtures... lol.

Yep just one. If i feel i need another i grab one but frankly from all the good feedback and advice from you of course, I doubt i really need it BTW thanks for all your input!

-Thread hijak-

Would you buy 2 or 3 60" strips for a 60"x24"x18"?

Edit: For the most versatility with corals.

I would say two but I've never worked with larger tanks. But im sure nick @ BML will help you out he had alot of custom spectrum from previous customers so I'm sure he'll have something in mind for 60". Email him, can't hurt. He answered mine pretty fast!

-Thread hijak-

Would you buy 2 or 3 60" strips for a 60"x24"x18"?

Edit: For the most versatility with corals.

I wouldn't...just get a razor by maxpect, only one wire with a built-in controller.

Reason why I went with bml is because I only needed one fixture of it. 2 or more, I'd go with something else more sleek.

I wouldn't...just get a razor by maxpect, only one wire with a built-in controller.

Reason why I went with bml is because I only needed one fixture of it. 2 or more, I'd go with something else more sleek.

As far as LEDs go, the razor is my ideal fixture, but it's ~$250 more. Now that they have the 300w version (finally!) maybe it would be in my best interest to wait it out until I can afford it.

Thanks both of you!

As far as LEDs go, the razor is my ideal fixture, but it's ~$250 more. Now that they have the 300w version (finally!) maybe it would be in my best interest to wait it out until I can afford it.

Thanks both of you!

Yeah np. :)

Just got my BML on Tuesday. Love this thing. No specs on growth or anything yet as I am still ramping up the light day by day. The fixtures are beautiful, very clean. Very easy to set up.

I am SUPER excited for when they release the multi channel fixtures.

Just got my BML on Tuesday. Love this thing. No specs on growth or anything yet as I am still ramping up the light day by day. The fixtures are beautiful, very clean. Very easy to set up.

What are you using to control your light?

I am using the controller/dimmer they have available. It is a static %, not a ramp up throughout the day. I have my lights connected to a timer power strip.

My SetUp:

12" 14K Reef Spectrum

Dimmer

Tank Mounts

I will post pictures tonight if I can.

Hahah, yeah the fixture is super sleek and quality looking. Btw, did you get it in black?

I'm using my VDM to control my light. I really wish I would have waited for a multi channel light instead.

Hahah, yeah the fixture is super sleek and quality looking. Btw, did you get it in black?

I did. It looks sooo nice.

I am planning a bigger tank (30B) - and waiting for their multichannel for that light. As long as I have good results, it will be a 36" black from BML.

Right now I am running all softies (LPS, Mushrooms, Zoas) - Hammer, Duncan, Zoas, Mushroom, Brain - Plate Coral Friday.

I'm using my VDM to control my light. I really wish I would have waited for a multi channel light instead.

Are you happy with it currently? I know multichannel would be much better, but obviously not out yet. I plan to go Apex with VDM as I move into my next build.

Are you happy with it currently? I know multichannel would be much better, but obviously not out yet. I plan to go Apex with VDM as I move into my next build.

Overall yes I am happy with it. The build quality and price pass the test.

• 5 weeks later...

My BML came yesterday! It was packaged well, no instructions (no biggie),and enough cord length which i was a little worried about. All in all I'm very pleased so far. Still waiting on the rest of my equipment to see the true color and growth on my new set-up.

20140102_144640_zpse81b6728.jpg

IMG_20140102_145220_zps6d2c2b54.jpg

IMG_20140102_150613_zpsfde92330.jpg

IMG_20140102_153049_zps01e937b8.jpg

Do you guys think a single 36" fixture (one of their higher power ones) would be sufficient to cover a 40 breeder? I will be growing macro algae (which can be as light-hungry as SPS, in some cases), photosynthetic gorgonians, and a few soft corals in the tank. I was thinking of getting the 12K XB Series fixture.

Do you guys think a single 36" fixture (one of their higher power ones) would be sufficient to cover a 40 breeder? I will be growing macro algae (which can be as light-hungry as SPS, in some cases), photosynthetic gorgonians, and a few soft corals in the tank. I was thinking of getting the 12K XB Series fixture.

Yes, just make sure you get the 90 degree optics one.

Archived