Top Shelf Aquatics

clown and cleaner shrimp$%?

reefmaster

ok today i bought a clown fish and its a camel back i think or a tomato but it has 3 stripes and he is dark red like a tomato.

i also have a cleaner shrimp(skunky)who wants to clean my clown but the clown shows no interrest in the shrimp.

its also very fast moving so the shrimp has no time to check him out .I meen that my clown moves fast since (i think)he is stressed because he was put in a bag-_-...

so will he eventually stop moving fast and darting around soon so that my shrimp can do him a cleaning?

or its just the way the clown is made(moving fast)?

thx for all advice :happy:

oh... well its okay but i bought the shrimp against ick!

so .. now if it gets it im tired of buying treatement!

You have to remember that cleaner shrimp do cleaning duties during the night as well... if the clown ( tomato's only have 1 stripe.. :P) is darting wildly across the tank it might take him some time to calm down... you may have to train him slowly to trust you and the shrimp... wild caught clowns will prob not like a cleaner shrimps duties at first, but they may take to it after time.

Thats why tank raised are soo much easier!

• 5 weeks later...

I just read on RC that due to the slime coat on clowns that allows them to host they hate being cleaned. It removes it which hurts the clown

don't depend on your shrimp to rid your fish of ich.... that's a no no

Any proven treatments for ich will kill the shrimp, so you will have to use a HT.

Not sure you have ich, seemed ambiguous

Archived