Innovative Marine Aquariums

Whats On My LR?

Deleted User 8530

Deleted User 8530

cool! I got the second with that stuff on it! WOW ! Well about the polyps, How long does it take to open? Ive had it on the rock for a whiel!

harbingerofthefish

IDK do they always look like that? Can you get a little clearer picture of them?

If they are polyps of somekind, there is a chance that the cycle will kill them off. You could always prolong the cycle but lessen the harsh affects on whatever is hitchhiking laong by doing small water changes.

you did just set htis tank up right?

Deleted User 8530

yeah they have always looked like that. Also I was trying to get a cleaner pic BUT i only have a crappy camera! Also i just set up the tank.

• 3 weeks later...
Deleted User 8530

well the algea is gone and i see a NICE colored rock! Very nice pink! Well something has finaly come out of a few of those holes but I hope the pic shows them Clear enough for an Identification! Well one is enpty in the pic and the other isnt.anem.jpg

Deleted User 8530

I got it @ my LFS. I think it was $5 for a Softball sized peice. Also so far it seems like it was cured too :)

It is a solitary stony polyp. They flourish in low light areas in my tank, reproducing slowly in partly shaded overhangs with moderate current. They will come out during the day and night, but prefer noctournal times. They will use the tentacles to catch and eat floating detritus, copepods and amphipods. I have an uber close up I will try to remember to post later tonight.

Deleted User 8530

Cool! Im sooo glad someone could identify this. I have searched and search around the web But couldnt find anything. Well If I put them in Hight Light Areas they wont grow and die?

Archived