Live Sand Activator

Short Feather Caulerpa

Micro Hermits

Reef Amphipods

Strombus Grazers

Anthelia Polyps

Nerite Snails

Sandbed Clams

I also "supersized" the order with a lime green leather, which set me back another $19.95.  

Anyway, everything looks great.  They do an awesome job of packaging.  Everything was in two bags, tied off with a rubber band, then inside a third bag with another rubberband.  The live sand activator had coarse sand bordering on gravel in it.  It also included baby bristle worms and additional microhermits in the sand.  I also got extra hermits with the order, which promised six, but I got eight.  Also was supposed to get 12 snails but got 13 or 14.  Got way more feather caulerpa than I expected.  I actually ended up tossing some out because I had nowhere to put it.  

THe anthelia polyps look good as well.  There are 4 full-size polyps, and probably another six babies on the frag.  The best is the leather frag though.  It's an awesome color of green that glows even from across the room.  It's about a 1+" frag mounted on half a clam shell.  Already opening up after a half hour in the tank.  Defo worth the extra $20.

Anyway, just wanted to give a review for anyone thinking about ordering from them.  It's a great way to get some diversity into your tank.  I was skeptical that it was geared for bigger tanks, but for a nano it's a great way to get your cleanup crew, first corals, and some live sand all in one shot.

I love ipsf.  The only thing wrong with them is they tend to send way more macro algae than a small tank can handle.  They threw in 2 bags of tang heaven (not sure why) and I promptly fed it to the 155 gallon inhabitants.  They deliver on time and the livestock is always well packed and in excellent condition.

Thanks for the info. I have been considering ordering from them. So far what do you think of the sand bed clams? I've heard mixed reviews on them.

Me being a wholesaler for my tanks I service I see a lot of differances in prices. IM spoiled... all that + some would cost me that, but then again I assume any deaths too. They seem ok as a supplyer I perfer seeing my live stock first, but then again its hard to do online. there are some sites that you can see it before u buy it Id stick with them. It may cost u a little more, but it is better than blind draw.

YA wouldnt want to get this by following the description SWF loves sweet love frosting..... with out seeing it first

butternetfrosting.jpg

the sand bed clams are pretty cool.  when you first put them in you see how fast they move.  They quickly bury themselves and rarely show themselves after that but my sandbed is clean so they, along with the other critters in the sand, must be doing a good job.

sandbed clams? I have never heard about these critters before.... What do they do? what requirements are needed? They must be pretty small, am I correct? It is a real upset that In australia there is no such thing as a clean up crew, in available packages, I envy you guys !  I guess I'm going to have to shop around for an Lfs that will sell these things seperately.

they are little clams that burrow into the sand, move around and eat detritus.  They look like steamer clams that are plentifull here in NY and taste great.  I doubt they are the same thing but the clams are great.  go to www.ipsf.com for more info on them and other critters.

Well, hand-picking livestock is an impossibility for those of us who live in the sticks.  Unless I want to pay $50 for GSP's, or $45 for a receding Goniopora.

I do prefer to get my corals locally if possible to I can get a good look at them.  However, I've never had a problem with ordering cleanup crews off the net.  Much easier way to get the diversity and the best cleaners, like nassarius or trocus snails that the LFS doesn't carry.

I've also noticed from my orders with IPSF and Premium Aquatics that they don't send anything that isn't in perfect health.  Better than I can say for my LFS's here.  They're very reputable and know that their reputation on the internet is at stake if they send poor quality livestock.

JMO

PS, the sandbed clams ranged from about .5-1" across at the widest part.  Half of them have gone down into the sandbed so far.  The others have opend and closed, so I know they're alive, at least. :)

THATS NOT A PERSON THATS A BEAN BAG WITH A HEAD I THINK IT JUST ATE A BABY OR A MIDGET!!!!!!!!!! lmao,Chris:D

They don't really sell corals, except for a select few captive raised frags.  As far as I know, they only offer the anthelia polyps, lime green leather, and some type of acropora.  They mainly specialize in organisms to add diversity to your tank.

Archived