Pod Your Reef

Ruester's 10G Reef Peace - The end is here.....

Ruester007

How long you had flame in your tank? Just curious as I also have a scallop with some weird white coloration for several months and it is doing ok so far. I use miracle mud in fuge section of my 8g aio tank.

It has been in the tank for 9 months. I'd have to see a picture to have any idea. Is the white on the flesh?

It has been in the tank for 9 months. I'd have to see a picture to have any idea. Is the white on the flesh?

There she is. Any tips on keeping her alive? I know these have low survival rate.

2013-12-23%2004.26.07_zpsgylmasxl.png

Love this tank! Nice colors in your pics. I am jealous of your Orange Spot Watchman Goby. Mine decided to jump the other day and I he is dearly missed, they are great for keeping bristle worms populations in check.

Love this tank! Nice colors in your pics. I am jealous of your Orange Spot Watchman Goby. Mine decided to jump the other day and I he is dearly missed, they are great for keeping bristle worms populations in check.

Thank you!

I love my Orange Spot, but it doesn't seem to have an appetite for bristle worms.

There she is. Any tips on keeping her alive? I know these have low survival rate.

2013-12-23%2004.26.07_zpsgylmasxl.png

Were the tentacles originally red? If they were, it's strange that they bleached and nothing else. What are you feeding?

Things I have found to be helpful in keeping them alive: I use native collected sand. This is a little controversial because of the potential for weirdness, but I find the benefits far outweigh the risk. I also suggest a deep sand bed, the extra room for fauna to develop seems to be important. I also feed BRS reef chili on a regular basis; 4-5 times per week. Because of the added nutrients in the water column, I change water rigorously ( 2 times per week 10% first change, 20% change the second). The water changes are a little intense but I enjoy the time.

I hope that helps. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions. I'll help if I can.

I have a case of zoa pox and it sucks. I am trying the Furan-2 process, slight improvement. I don't have a large collect of Zoa's, is it better to toss them or try and save them? Any input is appreciated.

• 1 month later...

This tank is no more........que the bag pipes. 10gallon_zps3b282711.jpg

The wife said we had to go bigger..........time for a new thread.

Archived