Coral Vue Hydros

Deciding on carbon, what type

bucfan

I've been using Brightwell's Carbon now for sometime. I just ran out of my 1g bucket and need to get a new one. Was thinking if there are any better carbon products there.....Seachem, BRS, etc. Any opinions?

I usually just buy the bags that are meant for the Aquaclear filters, AC70 I think. I put them between my baffles in my sump and they fit perfectly.

duncan-junkie

I've heard alot of great reviews of the BRS ROX carbon.....kind of expensive though. Although I do see myself trying it down the road, and unless you have a reactor, I wouldn't spend a ton on some carbon your just gonna throw in your sump for a week or two, then throw it in the trash.

BRS Rox... It is more expensive but you don't need to use as much. I find it to be cleaner as well, less fines

+1000.

I've used ROX for years without issue. Recently I switched to BRS's lower grade carbon trying to save a few bucks. It works fine too but DEFINITELY needs to be rinsed thoroughly before you use it. I'll be going back to ROX on my next order.

The best activated carbon I ever used is Marineland Black Diamond, and it's conveniently available at Petco.

I've used the marineland and I actually like it... never used ROX though, may try that sometime..
SouthFlorida_Tron

I was going to try BRS Rox, but was mentioned by a close friend that it is very "aggressive" and may shock corals (Changed from different chemical filtration) but decided to go with Korallen-Zucht carbon and have had excellent results.

Archived