Innovative Marine Aquariums

Black & White Percula Clownfish

Dartigan

I was thinking about my future inhabitants of my nano cube (plan on going with 70 watt 10K MH (if not 150 watt 20K) lighting). I'd like to eventually have an anemone after the tank has been set up for a year or so.

I think I'd like one Black and White Perc as well as one True Perc. There are a lot of pics of True Percs around, but does anyone have a black and white one? If so, I'd be very interested to see some pics as I can't find one at any LFS to see what it looks like in a reef tank. Thanks!

i think liveaquaria.com might have some, not 100% sure though. a lfs a couple hours from me has one in a reef tank, it looks awesome! all the black and whites i have seen are pretty expensive though. from 60-100 bucks.

Pinrod Urkish

your getting screwed on B/W percs, my lfs sells them for about $20 and regular clown fish for about $10

-Just thought I'd brag

Here is a picture of my black and white percula clown. I purchased it from www.saltwaterfish.com and I just recieved an email that they have some in stock now. I want another but I cannot afford to spend 79.00 to get stuff from them. The black is stunning and the orange nose is really nice looking. I was really happy with the selection they made for me.

Black%20and%20White%20Percula%20Clown.jpg

Thanks Carl! He reminds me of a Domino Damsel, but with a lot better personality. This is making it very hard on me to hold true to my plan of designing a custom system (chiller, canopy, stand, 150W 20K MH lighting) rather than going with a stock cube and throwing a pair of clowns in. :(

I guess it just depends on what you mean by reasonable. You can order them by the piece for 40.00 or if you go to inland aquatics you can get them by the pair for 89.00 I believe. I have searched all around me to find them in the store but I cant find them. I even asked if the stores could order them in with their fish and they said that they couldnt even find them. I dont know why tank raised are so hard to find but maybe inland aquatics would be your best bet.

yeah I asked if they could special order them for me and they couldnt. My LFS that is. I recieved the one I have now from saltwaterfish.com (just put your email on the wishlist) the only problem is that I also want a few things that are also on the wishlist and they never seem to arrive at the same time. I wish inland aquatics sold them singly but they only have them listed as pairs.

My LFS got some in for $40. 5 miles away, another location of the same chain store sells them for $20. *shrug*. I got one and it's awesome. It was rusty orange, black, and orange when I got it, and a few months later its almost completely black with an orange mouth and chin. Oh, and its misbanded which makes it cooler.

Here's a pic from before he was completely black.

Archived