SaltCritters.com

Floating Reef

SpencerShepard

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really dig rock stickn out above the water line. Looks natural imho

Btw that small rock between "islands" is kinda out of place. I think you feel the same way ;)

SpencerShepard

I really dig rock stickn out above the water line. Looks natural imho

Btw that small rock between "islands" is kinda out of place. I think you feel the same way ;)

lol I do feel the same way. Actually I'm not satisfied with the whole of the structure on the right...I'm sure I'll mess around with it a bunch....rather pointlessly, as it's all going to get covered with corals.

SpencerShepard

I am REALLY enjoying the light. The sheer number and density of LEDs gives it an effect very close to T5s, with a very small amount of shimmer, and absolutely no disco color-banding. It's like T5s with complete control over color. We'll see how it does for growth and coral coloration in the long term, but loving it so far.

SpencerShepard

So my stocking plans include a pair of semi-Picasso clowns. We've had this pair at the store for a few months in a display tank, and I was planning on taking them home:

20131123_154130_zps77eca111.jpg

But then these little guys came in today. The pics are awful, but their colors are about the same, and they're smaller...so that's a plus for this tank:

20131128_1738240_zps4e0657fa.jpg

Which pair should I pick?? Excuse the terrible cell phone pics!

Awesome job, love where the tank is at too. Makes great use of the counter top and keep it out where everyone can enjoy it. Can't wait to see it progress. Fish ideas?

My small clowns grew full size in less than 2 months, so you shouldn't go by size in your decision. I like the dot on the clown in the second pic, so I vote for that pair. Both pairs are beautiful though. Can't go wrong either way.

Archived