Coral Vue Hydros

just got the csl 32 watt retrofit

kappa

I just got the csl 32 watt retro fit for my nano cube 12g. I look through the whole kit, and found out the switch was missing. With out the switch the light does not work. DO i need the switch for the mod?

The lights will be turned on by a timer. I just wonder how everybody doing the csl light mods.

I just found out what to do with the switch wires. Twist them together. I will use a timer, so no need for switch.

Thanks alot

funny, mine didnt come with a switch either. Im pretty sure most switches can be rigged in to work for it though. I just ripped the switch out of my eclipse 6 hood and it works fine :)

I gutted the switch and the old ballast and just put the CSL 32 watt in there by itself, with a plain old timer as an on/off switch.

Probably would have been a better idea to keep the old 24 in there with it to get 56 total watts.

Luckily I kept the old 24 watt bulb, and I ordered a new ballast from JBJ... pretty soon I can stop wondering what the 56 watts would be like.

Has anyone else done this? It's kindof a backwards way of doing it, I know :)

yeah, I bought another csl 32, I think they don't come with a switch, since a retrofit is probably for an existing hood with a switch. They show a picture of the switch attached to the wires on the smartlight box. I thought the switch was included because the picture looks like the inventory for what is inside the box.

I have the Current USA dualsun retro and the switches are located on the ballast. Are you taking about a switch that going into the stock hood?

i did a mod on my eclipse-2. im running 3, 32-w pcs with 2-timers .the acetic goes on one hour before the 10,000ks . & one hour after.

Archived