Coral Vue Hydros

Lighting a 10gal nano

staticx1134

I have a 10 gallon with a 2X32 watt custom sealife retro fixture, placed inside of a dyi hood. I purchased it from this site. I kept the 10000K that came with it but replaced the false actinic with a 03 true actinic from hello lights. All of my corals are extremely happy including :3 types of mushrooms

1 Sinularia (finger leather)

1 Lobophyllia (open brain)

1 Turban/Cup Coral.

I made this decision after talking to everybody I possible could.

Hope the advice is helpful.

Good Luck

Brad

96 watts over a 10 gallon is a bit much. a 32 & 13 is PLENTY of light I have 36 X 2 and its a bit much. If you plan on keeping SPS or clams its not enough. so it really depends on what your doing. On the tank with softies you will need a 36 watt bulb with a smartlight bulb. on an sps 150watt HQi would be my lowest recommendation. just study about what animals you put in before you buy them and you shouldnt have too much problems

Joe

I have purchased 110w of PC lighting for my 10g and in my research it wont be too much. Remember that every tank will have darker spots and lighter spots. You dont want to close your options on stony corals, so go with at least 2 x 36w PC's. A friend of mine has 165w PC lighting on his 10g and it is booming with life.

Archived