Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

pigmy angel in 20L nano?

hjk1173

I've got a 20 L nano, was just wondering if any of you keep a pigmy angel in your nanos ? is it to small? i know they dont get really big. the only fish i have in there is a pink spotted watchman goby.

The one at the LFS is dark blue with a yellow face..

*edit - i just found some more info on it..doesn't seem like the right fish for me. thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
withoutabix2002

u could have a fireball angel i have on in my 23 gallon along wid a pyjama wrasse and 2 clowns and they get on fine

miller_time

I had a pigmy that did great in my 28gallon reef tank, but then he died a year later, still don't know why. But since, I've purchased a flame angel and he's been doing excellent for about 6 months now. They don't even bother any of my corals, he just bops around my tank. Excellent addition to any tank IMO!

My consenus is that angels seem to be ok in nano tanks as juveniles, but as they mature they start getting into trouble by nipping at corals and/or being aggressive to tankmates.

It's pretty hit or miss.

exsqeeze me but do you mean 20 gallons or 20 liters?

cuz if its 20 liters then HELL no its way to small

if you mean 20g(long) then yeah your cool

We have a 20L w/ a coral beauty, tomato clown, rainford goby, and 3-stripe damsel....we also have mushroom polyps, and 2 kinds of xenia, and everything and everybody's doing fine so far...I'd say go for it!

A word of caution...I don't know if all coral beauty fish are aggressive, but ours quickly let everyone know he was boss...since then no problem, but that might be something to research....

Archived