SaltCritters.com

Red Sea Coral Pro calcium levels are great, I was wrong!

gatorreefer

I apologize to RedSea and anyone I may have misled. I had a bad test kit, and was fooled when the provided reference solution tested exactly as stated on the bottle. I falsely assumed that if the reference solution tested as expected, the reagents were working. What I have discovered is that because both my reagents and reference solution were old, they must have degraded at the same rate, so that when I used the reference solution to verify, I got the value I expected.

I have since bought 2 new calcium test kits and the salt mixes I have tested with them both test spot-on to what is advertised by the manufacturer.

This was a huge learning experience for me, and I am humbled and truly feel like a jerk! I will apologize to RedSea on the phone and by email as well as this post.

Again I sincerely apologize, and will always verify any tests I perform in the future with new kits, and use multiple test kits to verify the results. I obviously should have done this in the first place.................

_---Robin Hoon

I've been using Red Sea Coral Pro salt for a long time now and have always been impressed with the calcium levels. Much higher than other salts I've used and it mixes quickly. I pay a little more for it but I feel it's worth it.

BeardedReeferLLC

Red Sea all round, Salt-Test Kits-Additives-Reef Energy and could not be happier. Yes they had a recall with the (regiment B Ca) but before my next testing was needed to be done I got the replacement to my door. No complaints here.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived