SaltCritters.com

el_ote's 20 Long

el_ote

arrrrgh. too much algae. not enough water changes. just did a much needed wc, refreshed my carbon & gfo, and mixing another 20% for tomorrow. im beginning to think I may be one or two fish over my abilities for this tank as is.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after a couple of water changes and a freshing up of my carbon/GFO, I cant stop with the drama. all is well now. I just cant skip any wc's since I really do think im maxing out my bio-filter

• 1 month later...

my DIY reactor. lol just a CPE container and a tiny powerhead I used to keep salt mixing. sorry about the glare. I have it hanging in my HOB fuge.

20140315_222341_zpsckoxjsvu.jpg

yup. GtTap, shes still in there. not fat sausage yet, but shes getting there. Totally my favorite fish even though she hides every chance she gets.still need to build me a BBS feeding station, but she gets brine when i seed my fuge.

hey patrickbruno, i love the light. my first light was a DIY led mess. cheap leds from ebay that i didnt realize were browning out all my corals. with the fishneedit, and Ati bulbs, im happier than ever. nice pop and explosion of growth. although, recently, i havent had too much growth and am worried i have the fixture too low since it sits on the tank. i have to rig something to hang it from i think.

patrickbruno91

I was looking at purchasing one. This would be my first time using t5s and have heard really good things about them. Yeah i am also thinking about hanging the fixture if i pull the plug and buy one.

I got the reef octopus NS80 little skimmer to fit in my HOB fuge. itty bitty little thing but its pretty cool. getting light skimmate at only two days of breaking in. it has a drain plug I can put to use since the collection cup is so tiny(about a half dollar size)

ill post pics, mañana maybe!

20140329_173209_zpshtpufrhr.jpg

2014-04-04%2022.48.49_zpshzulfwfp.jpg

posted this in the ID Thread, but if anyone knows what these buggers are, let me knowbif I should be worried. they're small just bigger than a pod

it has more of a body than the isopods pictured in the ID thread. the legs look like the barbs of a fireworm very stiff and needlelike but they walk like a bug not a worm. I was just reading about flatworms but it doesnt fit either... stumpped. and ive got thw dang creepy crawlies thinking bout em...

edit: to be honest tho o have no idea so isopods as good as any guess for me.

Legendary Corals

love walking by my apartment window at night...

20140312_215249_zpsn7m8xwiy.jpg

You already know what people think you're growing when they see that. :D

You already know what people think you're growing when they see that. :D

I guess i should leave the windows open some so the neighbors can enjoy the fishes and not try to raid my "farm" lol

Those pumps are huge. You like a lot of flow in there? :)

I think the new scape looks great.

Yeah, i like the flow. I havent had any complaints from my fishes, they seem to swim fine and hover fine even right in the current. i was thinking a wp-25 but prolly not for a good while.

edit: one of those big pumps was taken out for a 240

yeah get that wp10. love mine. a wp25 would be wayyyy too much. cant wait to see that black sun coral open up. and i agree with mark, the scape looks great.

would a brittle starfish do OK in a 20? im thinking of getting one and it seems like as long as its not a serpent star, i should be ok. Im worried about the Randalls Pistol Shrimp.

It would be one that maxes out at 10" not the 'lil guys. Also would they fight with a sand sifter?

Archived