Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Problems with Hanna Phosphate and Phosphorus checkers

ElmoC

:) I hear you.

By satisfied, I assume they mean the customers that haven't bothered to call in, or have no other way to verify the results. They could simply test some packets in the lot. I'm sure that people would be willing to send them reagent packets of the lot in question (if they don't have any available) in exchange for new reagent packages.

IDK, it's awfully lame, but I'm still hoping that newer lots will be within specification. Maybe that's just pie in the sky thinking.

I guess I got luck with an early lot... But your making me scared to order additional refills.

Jordon has all the standard checkers and I think he has been happy with them.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the latest from (via email from Hanna Canada) Hanna Instruments is that they are not saying that Lot# H025 (HI736) is defective anymore, now they say some might be defective and some might be okay. They are not issuing a RECALL because apparently there were some people who were satisfied with the LOT.

Seriously, I am done with Hanna 100%. I hate to hate or bash in this industry but man I have never seen such unprofessionalism from a company. How can I trust what this company is selling? Results vary with Lot# and that's okay with Hanna. Not with me.

Well, I said my piece, done!

I am with you on this. After the reagents I have are gone, I am not buying any more. I have no idea of what lot number would be sent when I order so it would be a crap shoot if I am just throwing my money away.

I guess I got luck with an early lot... But your making me scared to order additional refills. Jordon has all the standard checkers and I think he has been happy with them.

I'm still using my Phosphate Checker and Alkalinity Checker. I'm not really dissatisfied with either. However, I think this thread is enough to make users concerned, especially the way their responses have been reported (seems like they acknowledge a problem but don't try to rectify it). As a result, I'll probably be more reluctant to recommend them to others. Word of mouth made these Checkers popular, I would have thought they'd make a bigger effort to resolve problems (perceived or real).

I don't know; it just seems like we're only getting one side of the argument. But I'd still like to see them respond with something a little more concrete. Certainly a statement on their site (even if it is just to say that these claims aren't justified and explain why certain users are getting poor results), but maybe even change their phosphate and phosphorus reagents somehow (liquid or even just new packaging).

Archived