ReefCleaners.org

Phenomenal Photography

lnglostsurfer

So I'm in no way a photographer but have kept reefs for the past 5 years or so and am aware of the diverse culture in our oceans. My uncle is both an avid scuba diver as well as a professional photographer and I wanted to share his website that he posts all of his underwater adventures on. He is slightly obsessed with nudibranches but gets several amazing pictures of all kinds of different sea life. For the most part he is spot on for names of things but for some things here and there I believe there may be some different names in our hobby versus in the actual ocean.

I'm in no way trying to advertise for him as this is a non-profit site, I just really want others to be able to see the amazing pictures he's able to get. Please follow the link:

http://wetlens.smugmug.com/Underwater

Yeah, he's been all over the world diving different areas, I would love the opportunity to go with one day. Now that he's retired he's been hitting a new place every month or so it seems.

Stunning pics. I especially like the one that's vertical facing w/ what looks like a blue linkia maybe? Love the mantis too. So many pics to love. What awesome opps he has. I esp love seeing the ones where you see fish that are commonly kept in aquariums. I want that underwater camera.

Thank you all for the kind words, I will most definitely pass them onto him. I'm amazed at the detail that he is able to see in things out in the wild. It's one thing for us to photograph the things in our tank as they only have so much space to roam, plus we KNOW they are in there. He is scouring different areas of different oceans to find these tiny, miniscule creatures that most divers will probably never notice.

I'm just glad everyone else is enjoying the pictures as much as I have. Thank you again

Thank you all for the kind words, I will most definitely pass them onto him. I'm amazed at the detail that he is able to see in things out in the wild. It's one thing for us to photograph the things in our tank as they only have so much space to roam, plus we KNOW they are in there. He is scouring different areas of different oceans to find these tiny, miniscule creatures that most divers will probably never notice.

I'm just glad everyone else is enjoying the pictures as much as I have. Thank you again

I'm thinking we wish we could be right there.

Archived