Coral Vue Hydros

Drama's Biocube

Dramad1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting this. I have a BC 29 with Dave's retro kit Duo that I installed 2 weeks ago. I swear it's like a whole new tank since putting those lights in. Now all I need to do is add a little more flow and my tank will be perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished fragging the green toadstool leather, I got my threads mixed up earlier and posted in my cadlights build. These are from the bc.

fun stuff. We will see how they recover in a few weeks

20140517_185859_zpswtjawut7.jpg

Anyone running a h.o.b skimmer on there bc29? If so what chamber are you running it in and what kind? Likes dislikes/mods.

I have an old cpr bakpak2 from like 1997-98 or so and was thinking of ditching the aql115 and replacing w/ a hob. The aql115 hardly produces skimmate since its been hooked up, it is also a tight squeeze in chamber1. Im up in the air about buying a new skimmer or use the old one. I figured why spend money on a new skimmer when I have one already, just need to get the collection cup ring and new pump. Or should I get something newer? I have seen the new ghost skimmer but not enough reviews for me to take the plunge yet. I think that a h.o.b skimmer would do a better job looking at the choives we have for the bc29.

Thoughts, reviews, opinions. Trolling here for some advice.

Im going to try hooking up my cpr bakpak2 for now to see if a hob skimmer will even work before thinking of buying something new. Tomorrow I will see.

Tank is pretty full and have very little room for new sps. I added a green monti today and will have to figure out ways to create more room so I do not have coral warfare going on. I am thinking of gluing a few chunks of lr to the rear wall or rescaping with more rock taken out of one of my other tanks. Im liking the lr glued to the rear wall idea or just mount the frag to the rear wall.

my ca, alk and mag have been all in check with weekly 5 gal changes but lately the tank has been sucking them up so I plan to begin dosing 2 part by hand daily until I can figure out how much I need then possibly picking up a doser. Until then I will be testing daily for a week or two. Anyone have advice on this besides dont dose what you are not testing for? I know that part. Lol.

Bad cell Pic of the monti cap:

20140524_181032_zpstldqghn8.jpg

greasyreefer

Great looking BioCube man. Thread is a good read. Makes me want a Nanobox LED even more! You should have showed up to the meeting today. It was a good turn out.

Great looking BioCube man. Thread is a good read. Makes me want a Nanobox LED even more! You should have showed up to the meeting today. It was a good turn out.

thanks for the kind words!

Meet? Are you talking about the reefers garage meet? Lol I didn't wake until around 10:30 today. Then I had an appointment with another local reefer to pick up some new frags. Been busy all day acclimating frags, making water and doing tank maintenance and w/c's. I just finished for the night and have another 10 gal to change tomorrow. :). Wife hates it!, but lies and says she don't mind. Lmfao.

I have to admit I'm addicted and have a problem buying stuff online and at the local shops. Seems like when I think I have everything I need, I see something I want or something new comes out or I'm missing one Lil piece of the puzzle and go out to get it only to arrive home w/ a few other goodies I had to have. Story of a reefers life.

I'm rambling.

greasyreefer

Ya it was a pretty good turn out there. Hopefully next week we'll have even more people show up. Haha ya all reefers have a problem with fixing or adding to a tank that ain't broken. Comes with the territory of having salty fingers I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Lil update,

Byropsis is gone, again. Lol thanks tech-m.

I have been testing my dkh and ca over the last week and a half. My plan is to hook up this doser and start dosing 2 part to keep my levels consistant between w/c's. Still need to get replacement hoses/tubing for the doser, so far can find them anywhere, anyone have any ideas where I can get some? Tried local fish stores and a few pharmacy's, the pharmacy s looked at me like I was crazy.hmmm.

I also have be wondering if I should spend the money on some dosing containers or make my own or just using the jugs the 2 part comes in. I would love to have some nice dosing containers but they seem overly expensive for what they are imo. Still want some though.

Tank is doing well, I am seeing new growth on everything. My dendro that has been pissed off for a few weeks has been out and fully extended and looking well. Rp is showing new growth on all tips. Slimer has signs of new growth. Green milli has exploded w growth. Blasto has 3 new full size heads. All zoa's are multiplying rapidly, my king midas's are making a come back after melting for no reason down to 3 polyps. Duncan has about 8 heads now. Gold Torch is doing awesome as well as my frog spawn. My single head acan has 3 new heads. I chopped my toadstool head at the base and fragged it out is now showing signs of polyping out again. Setosa is going crazy w/ growth. Birds nest is massive. Overall everything seems to be thriving and growing well.

My fire fish is doing awesome and swims out in the open all day and my tanaka wrasse is very active and full of personality.

A few weeks ago, my tank temps were all over the place. I was going from 78-84* through out the day. I picked up a lil jabeo fan that hangs over the rear chambers. Hooked it all up and my tank temps have been rock steady at 78* for about a week now. Only down side is, my evap has almost tripled to almost a gal a day. Now I need an ato Because manual top offs are becoming a pain and I want to keep the salinity consistent. More money I get to spend. :)

One last thing to add, green macro algae has exploded in my tank in just a week. I have no idea where itist came from. I have not added anything new to the tank in a while. I believe it is Acetabularia Sp. Also know as mermaids wine glass. It looks identical to pic but seems to be growing really fast. This Sp. Is supposed to be a slow grower.?. I like the look of it, I just hope it does not plan to take over my tank.

few pics

20140608_082955_zpskmlftm6d.jpg

Screenshot_2014-06-08-07-15-57_zpsdjsh2i

20140608_083027_zpsyrpdjlgu.jpg

Not the best pics but pics :)

MyLiquidBlue29BC

One of my hermits ate all of my mine mermaid's cup. People seem to really like it. You could probably sell it.

One of my hermits ate all of my mine mermaid's cup. People seem to really like it. You could probably sell it.

seems to be growing at a rapid rate. I guess if it gets to crazy I can trim it up and give away to anyone that would want some.

Tonights side tank shot.

20140610_205336_zpsapzil6t4.jpg

Aqua sd, I got lucky and was there right after they put them up 4 sale. 90% of my frags came from there. The rest from a few members here and local reefers.

I think it has to be attached to something for it to grow. Mine was attached to shells.

it is attached to a huge plug that I buried in the sand.

I'm probably going to remove it and the frogspawn in the future to one of my other tanks and or trade for something down the road. Still undecided. For now I will let them be. It has an awesome gold color and really pops under my blues during sunset.

• 4 weeks later...

Happy 4th everyone!

Picked up some new frags from lfs... amazing deals this holiday weekend.

New arrivals

acans lords x4

strawberry short cake frag

bowerbank

2x freebies favias

paired me kosher flashers wrasse

1× mex turbo

all but the wrasses are in the bc!

pics:

20140704_172150_zpsdc9tupx3.jpg

20140704_172049_zps3o2uq7av.jpg

threw this one in to show how much it has grown

20140704_172038_zpsgquh1hc2.jpg

20140704_172025_zpsol82mp19.jpg

20140704_172016_zpszsnhnrvh.jpg

20140704_172002_zpsem8hhumw.jpg

20140704_125846_zpsgwlr7pv8.jpg

I would say about 100. It is a 300g display tank that was just set up at my lfs. Insanely awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Side shot

20140717_210846_LLS_zpsfi0kj7ru.jpg

Tank is doing great! Love the side shot but of course my cell camera does not do it justice.

In other news I'm debating on picking up an apex unit for this tank or getting a huge tank, 150-240g. Im kind of leaning toward the apex for now so when I do get the larger tank, I can swap some of my equip over to it. But at the same time I can get a 240g w/ stand and sump right now on a local forum for 200$. I would need to clean it all up and redo all the plumbing as well as get larger equip. What to do. Money money money.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived