Top Shelf Aquatics

Wazzzzup with Pepe?

glazer

Alright, what gives... I put a small rock with green star polyps in my tank three days ago. Pepe my cleaner, (who has an intimate relationship with my pinky finger, but that's another story) has been hanging out on a perch just above the stars. Everytime the stars start to open up he runs down and literally stomps all over them... closing them back up! I'm getting a little PO'd and about ready to kick his little shrimpy butt!

Any ideas why he is doing this and any remedies?

bad news... One has to go. The shrimps will pester them untill they dont open anymore. long term... its a dead recession of polyps.... sorry :*(

I would agree that one may have to go. Does it look like he is trying to eat them? He may be hungry. Otherwise, he's just being a pest.

I have seen some eat corals they don't like. Maybe moving him to a different spot may work.

Just trying other options than getting rid of one but it may have to happen anyways.

Cameron

Pepe being a bad little boy.

I'd get rid of him. Unless it was hungry as Nanoreefin said, there isnt any excuse for such behavior. :)

Seriously, I would get rid of any such shrimpy.

Just a little update.... seems Pepe was perhaps trying to tell me he wanted to go home. Well I took the hint, he's back in his original home and half hour later I got green stars opening up!

He (Pepe) and Altwit ( the peppermint) are hangin' out and I know they are saying bad stuff about me, stupid shrimp!...lol

Archived