Cultivated Reef

Overcrowding?

kingtim4071

kingtim4071

I currently have a ten gallon tank with a false percula and a pijama cardinal (both fairly small in size) along with 2 (fairly large) hermits. With good filtration and a prtein skimmer would it be possible to add another fish (possibly some sort of bottom-dwelling goby)???????????

I have 2 false percs, 1 royal gramma, and a purple firefish. That's all the fish I'm gonna have int here. I got a couple snails, couple hermits, emerald, some sort of small slug. Your bioload is ok IMO, I dunno if the goby would be ok for a tank that small. Most gobies I've heard don't do well in nano's. I hear they need more space/rock/sand.

I have heard gobies do very well. I know mandarin's do not (they aren't gobies anyway).

I did some reading up as i want a yellow goby as my next fish. Everything i read indiciated gobies should be cool.

careful on the Yellow clown goby, they nip sps not to bad though. BTW I have a signal goby (yes one) That is doing very well, had him for about a year now. It is said to buy them in pairs. I would have to say 4 fish in a 10 is insane.

Archived