Coral Vue Hydros

unassembled MH ballasts

Quant

I was still doubts wether to use VHO or MH for my upcoming first 20g reef. My big problem is financing the whole thing. So i was looking for prices and i stumbled on unassembled ballasts with a lamp and power and everything for about $100 for a 175w with a 5500K lamp i think. Has anyone any experience with putting together ballast and everything. Also is a 5500K enought? should i put something else with and finaly is 175w not too much for a 20g tank? If anyone has some info he could share with i'dd be very thankfull

Oh ya, and does anyone knows good online shops for europe, cuz the prices can varies a lot from the US to europe

grtz

Yes it was something like that that i meant. Is this easy to assemble? and do you an online in europe, Because i live in Belgium and the prices here are maybe twice the prices in the US.

You will have to opt for the other bulb the 5500k won't work for a reef. You can get a 175w MH Pendant with 10 or 20K bulb on ebay for $149. That might be your must economical option. Just get the 20K bulb so you will not have to supliment actinic.

Archived