ReefCleaners.org

Such Thing as to much?

Immortality6000

Immortality6000

Hello again. So My update with my tank is....Basically I am stuck in a spot because I do not have the money right now to buy a Reef Master Test Kit or buy the chemicals to adjust Calcium, Alkalinity etc... So I am just doing my weekly water changes of 5% of my 26 Gallon Tank. Kenya Tree, ToadStool Mushroom and My Long Tenticle Anemone all seem to be Growing and Open up fully everyday. However, My Anenome is Bleached. It was Pink and a Pearly White when I got it and now it is White/Peraly White and Brown :-( I have had many tanks before, never saltwater though......I feel as if I am failing a bit. But anyways.... I created this Topic because I am wondering if I have to much Live Rock in my Tank, or should I restack it? The tank is a 26 BowFront. I have 3 big pieces in a triangle to create a center tunnel like, and two stacked on top to close it in and 1 or 2 on each side......There is not much surrounding surface area open. I believe I have maybe 35-40 lbs of live rock.

Looks-wise, yes, it's easy have too much liverock in my opinion. As far as the health of the tank goes, no, it would be hard to have too much, as long as there is sufficient flow.

Not sure which way you meant.

Crowded live rock walls compromise circulation and contribute to dead spots. From the point of biofiltration, substrate out produces live rock 100 to 1 if cost is the criteria.

Patrick

Archived