Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Peach Zoa acclimation

FlowerMama

Hi Mr. Salty-

There are 2 of us here on NR and it's taking longer than usual for the peach zoas to open up. My yellow were opening right away in the first 30 mins. Does it take longer for this variety to open? low, medium, or high for the light? Any tips?

019_zps78d8c365.jpg

You should be able to recognize all this but the gsp and green people eater zoa. It's all yours!!

027_zpsc3d2c05c.jpg

Thanks- I've had a lot of compliments on my tank and I always tell everyone to buy from you guys. As you can see it's getting crowded in there on the bottom- In 2 mos I start my 20gallon long tank and will be moving some items over after it's cycled.

Every zoa frag I have ever gotten in has opened on its own time. I've had some take over a week to open. As long as they arnt telting away, I wouldn't worry.

Every zoa frag I have ever gotten in has opened on its own time. I've had some take over a week to open. As long as they arnt telting away, I wouldn't worry.

I guess I've never had a zoa that's taken longer than 30-60 mins to open. Guess I should consider myself lucky. I've heard people say some take a week. Maybe this is one of those.

They look to be in good shape. They were kept with all our other zoas, so med flow and med lighting. You could try giving them a quick dip to make sure nothing is on them. Shouldn't be but never know.

They look to be in good shape. They were kept with all our other zoas, so med flow and med lighting. You could try giving them a quick dip to make sure nothing is on them. Shouldn't be but never know.

Thanks, they do look really good. Can't wait til they open. I have them in those exact conditions, I just have to be patient.

Archived