Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fragging Branching Torch with Hacksaw?

Kingsley (Ned)

Kingsley (Ned)

Hey guys,

I bought a decent looking gold torch frag a couple of months ago. It's doing well in my 16 nano after putting it on the sand bed.

Now that it's doing well, I'd like to stick it somewhere in my rock but the thing has a 2.5 inch skeleton. It would really stick out from even the deepest hole in my rock.

Since I have a hacksaw, what are people's thoughts on trimming down the skeleton a bit with it? I'd obviously leave a conservative amount of space between the cut and where the tissue stops.

If that's not a good idea, does anyone have any suggestions? I could go pick something like this up: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Dremel-3000-Series-Variable-Speed-Tool-Kit-3000-1-25H/203040434#.UiobfDako1M

Thanks,

Ted

The dremel w/ a diamond wheel would definitely better. I wouldn't risk the hacksaw. The blade could have copper in it which would kill the coral, and any others in your tank as well.

Mr. Microscope

I would just use some rubble rock and attach it all around the base making it look like it has a shorter stalk. Then, attach it, rubble and all to the main display rock. Then, you're not taking any risk killing it and it will also avoid looking unnatural.

Archived