Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lighting for a 29gal

reefm@ster

I am new to the hobby and I wanted to know what kinds of corals/clams I can keep under 220watts of PCs (2x10k/2x03). Tha max depth is 14" due to the 4" DSB

Tank specs are as follow

29gal AGA 30x12x18

Sumpless

CPR BakPak2R

2 Maxijet 600

CPR in tank refugium

4" aragonite DSB

35lbs of Live Rock

Thanks

get some more light and we can talk (jk) :P (and i thought nano reefin's 2x55w was bad B) )

with those lights on a 29g almost anything. i wouldn't put clams or sps on the substrate though. maybe mid-level or higher would be better for those. i'm assuming the lamps are slightly raised off the tank like a jbj due to the 12" depth and four pc's so you may want to allocate for the add'l distance.

I see you have an in-tank refugium, how's that working out for you? I'm considering doing something similar to what you have...

• 9 months later...

Do I see a purple tang in that tank? Wow, I figured that the tank needed to be 48" for a tang. Do you think he is fine in there and/or do you think a tiny yellow tang would do well in a 29?

I am setting up a 29g right now and I am using 2-65W pc, 2-maxi jet 900s and will be running a CPR bak-pak. How many fish do you have in the tank and what are they.

yo, I've got 4 x 55w (2x10K and 2xact03) over a 20 (w/ CPR bakpak) with some acro's, monti's, clams, softies, gsp's, zoo's, ric's, shroms plus some other stuff...

water quality is key..

-skeletor-

Thanx, but for some reason my pictures are not staying they keep going to that white box with the red X. Not sure what is going on.

Thanx, once my corals grow and I get more, the tank will fill out nicely. With this aquascaping the flow is very nice thru-out the whole tank.

Archived