outerorbiter8-1

Stats are

10 G AGA black seal

Aquaclear Mini

96 Watt Quad W/Legs

MJ 600 PH

50 Watt Ebo heater

12 pounds of Aragonite sand

After I find some batteries for the digital camera I will post some current pics.

outerorbiter8-1

This is current status of my nano around a month and a half old

Inhabitant are 3 astrea snails and 3 blue legs and one peppermint shrimp. As well as 12 pounds of LR.

Still need to get more LR and do some aquascaping

also, if you are a patient person, buy base rock insted of LR, in about 6 months your base rock will turn into LR, base rock is about 3 bucks a pound, so it's WAY cheeper.

outerorbiter8-1

For it to turn "Live" i suppose it would depend on how you define live. Sort of like the Live Sand (Caribsea I think) that my LFS carries that is just baged up sand with water plus some bacteria. Just giving my opinion. :)

Deleted User 8530

I was talking about the "live" rock you get at your LFS. How long would it take for my LR to turn the base rock into LIVE rock with some color!

nope, just put them in, and NEVER use tap water for ANYTHING! ;) other wise your tank could become a breeding ground for algea you probly don't want :)

BKtomodachi

I use tap water, its fine. Dont assume that everyone has unsuitable tap water. Just test it, then see it you will have algae problems.

• 3 weeks later...
ghostbear29

dude, love the lighting. hows it going? bright enough for what ya want. I have been wanting that same setup for a while. as for my nano, I added 4#dead rock (sounds funny) 6#Live Rock. And I stacked my LR on the base rock. Makes it taller and gives depth. Try to make overhangs and tunnel like thingys. Fish love em.

outerorbiter8-1

Its going great so far, and I have added a few things.

I will post some updated pics in the morning as well as new additions.

Thanks

Archived