inTank Media Baskets

Kenya Tree (Capnella sp.)

kris_willard

AReeferIsExpensive

ive got it.

grows like crazy, needs lots of pruning and sometimes prunes itself. adaptable to current and lights.

it spreads out a lot and takes up a lot of room when the lights come on but is peaceful. Very hardy~

its the "center piece" of my tank...sittin at the very peak, center. they are beautiful

kris_willard

I guess my question is is it nesicary to feed it? Ive read that it likes being fed but it not nessecary. Do you feed yours?

AReeferIsExpensive

i take tank water w/ some microvert in a baster and kinda squirt across every coral in my tank, to i dont directly feed it, but it def get ssome food. They dont need it IMO

travis im sending u an IM

there is a pic of min macro'd under my name...mine has been a steady grower...i have found that any part of its body can attatch to any rock ( really anoying if its not where u want it)

If you read Bornemann's (I know I spelled this wrong) book on Coral Husbandry, he discusses how it is nearly impossible to positively ID these corals based on just looking at them. It looks yo mr like it could be Capnella or Sinularia, or any number of similar corals. The best way to really identify is to look at the tissue under a microscope. :)

kris_willard

TTheres like 10 diff species of sinularia. And all have a diff spectrum of dificulty. I was hoping for someone to be albe to be more exact.

That was my point. I don't think that an exact ID can be made by looking at these pictures. I could be wrong...

Good luck.

Ive had one for 7 months and Ive no success with it. Its just been withering away since day one. I have no idea whats up with it. I feed my tank heavily and Ive had it under both pc first, then mh later, and tried positioning it everywhere in the tank under different flow and light intensity. But what I hear from everyone else its a hardy coral... just not in my tank.. oh well..

Archived