SaltCritters.com

Kylebeano's 40g Rimless Mixed Reef

Kylebeano

Tank is looking good, glad you made it through the hurricane. So some acros survived?

I wish my Xenia would die off but no such luck yet.

Thanks Mark, yeah, just should have bought a generator ahead of time. The SPS that survived and kept their color are a couple montipora, stylophora, pocilipora, portions of a millipora and crayola plana survived, but have color shifts.

The xenia does this for me, I dont know why, but can usually tell by the way some of the older bits start looking on the back wall, and then most dies off.

Tank looks great man! I happen to like xenia haha, although it hasnt spread much in my tank.... Yet

Thank you, it really fills in some space, doesnt sting anything, and adds great movement. But, it can really crowd and shadow the other corals.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry that the hurricane cause your tank to take a hit but its looks great now. I really like how the xenia is growing amongst everything. I just don't have luck with xenia and it makes me sad. I will just have to enjoy yours.

I am sorry that the hurricane cause your tank to take a hit but its looks great now. I really like how the xenia is growing amongst everything. I just don't have luck with xenia and it makes me sad. I will just have to enjoy yours.

The xenia is really crazy, don't know how it gets to some places. It makes me sad when I am dumping a bunch of it out with water changes, but it makes my clownfish really happy (favorite host). Can hardly take a picture without it getting in there, so enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Corals are looking really strong. Not great PE, but im going to clean my powerhead to see if that might help, or change the wave pattern.
Bought some zoanthids to go on the new SPS rock, try to fill it in a little. Some more top downs, and a good group shot of some of the fish, the lawnmower blenny is probably my favorite fish ever.

20161121_213318_zpsgsnemrxs.jpg

20161121_213518_zpsegjowz51.jpg

20161121_213601_zpswzj9hpmk.jpg

20161121_213653_zps3k2qks2e.jpg

20161121_213427_zpsejodqrux.jpg

Archived