Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My clownfish is gone!

NaNO ReeFiN

I woke up this morning to find that my clownfish is missing from my tank! I took the Mag-lite out and searched frantically for the little guy. I threw in some mysis shrimp to see if he would appear.. I looked around on the floor to see if it somehow could've gotten out but nothing! I couldn't find Peter the Clownfish anywhere!! :(

haha:D well at least he's alive. did you give him a time out for not telling where he was going to be and what time he was getting back?

They never cease to amaze these fish. Back when I had my 55 gallon "monster" tank I had a 3+ foot snowflake moray that vanished from the tank. I searched everywhere (would find him on the floor every so often) and finally gave up hope. About three weeks later I am watching some tv and I see movement in the sump, beneath the tank. At first I thought I had a mouse (NYC loft living and all). Upon further inspection I found that the eel had found it's way into the sump and was actually living in the few inches of water at the bottom of the bio balls. Every time I tried to get the eel out it would fly up into the bio balls. I finally had to break down the sump to get to the eel. Shortly thereafter he was moved to a 160 gallon tank where he consumed a truckload of goldfish a week to the amazement of all the little kids that would come visit him.

Archived