ReefCleaners.org

Need rubble for dropped Kenya tree branches to grab. Seachem Matrix?

theGil

My Kenya trees have been dropping branches, and, since I didn't want them to land and attach just anywhere, I've been dropping them in a Marina large HOB breeder box (currently housing a Panda goby and small Yellow Clown Goby). Thing is, I don't have any LR rubble to throw in there, for the Kenya trees to grab onto. One of them already attached to the bottom of the breeder box, before I had any sand in there :/

Yesterday, I bought some Seachem Matrix for my QT. Then I started to think, "Could I use this as rubble for the Kenya trees?" It's pretty nice looking and acts as LR. Whadaya think?

Otherwise, any other options?

Thanks!

Yes, you can also use frag rocks. I used fishing line or rubber bands to attach them to the rock which works about 80% of the time.

Yes, you can also use frag rocks. I used fishing line or rubber bands to attach them to the rock which works about 80% of the time.

Done. I picked out the biggest pieces from the Matrix bottle.

Googled frag rocks. Lots of cool alternatives to regular plugs, I see. Nice!

Yeah, I did the rubber band thing a couple of times, but I kinda don't wanna deal with it anymore. haha. Now I'll let them do their own thing, like they would have done anyway.

Archived