Cultivated Reef

Jumping MUshrooms?

kris_willard

kris_willard

I have this colorny of blue and purple mushrooms for about a week now. I just noticed tonight that it seems tat some tiny mushrooms have jumped from the rock they came from onto the rock below. Is this common?

AReeferIsExpensive

BK's right...ive seen some freefloating at LFSs b4. If they really want to , they can detach. I dont know how common it is tho b/c i had a huge shroom and my RTBA moved next to it and slapped the crap out of it all day long... instead of moving it just kept letting it self get stung and then eventually died a couple weeks later. Either it was a stupid shroom or its not THAT common for them to choose to detach.

• 2 weeks later...
saltfishlover

ive had shrooms now for about 2 months and so far 2 have detatched. one was about size of quarter and getting covered by a 3" one. the other was a 3" or so and was slowly detatching as it was hanging from side of the rock with a slight current. I pulled him one day and the entire thing came off and settled on antoehr rock and seems very happy now.

kris_willard

I have put em in the bottom of a yougurt cup with some lr rubble with some netting on to in hopes that i will attach and i can trade it with a local reefer looking for a purp shroom!

Archived