SaltCritters.com

I didn't listen....So please help

WillyWonka

I understand that fish are very risky in a tank filled with corals, but i did it anyway. i bought a pair of true perculas today. i love these damn fish and now i want to keep everything healthy. i know they contribute some ammonia to the tank but is it that serious? what should i do to ensure that my fish and corals will live in harmony? i do water changes about 15-20% every week so far. if at all possible make things very specific, thanks all. WW

Your percs should be okay for a while, I think -- how big are they?

Eventually, you'll probably need to get a bigger tank for them. And I wouldn't add anything else to the bioload!

that's a full boat you have there! ;)

the maxima, biowheel (if you kept it), and etc. (LR & blah-blah) should control the ammonia and nitrites. your wc's should control the nitrates but i concur with gobies, the party's full.

the candy cane, frogspawn, and gsp will be your indicators now. the gsp will probably be first depending on the sensitivity of the species. or maybe the frogspawn if the clowns decide to take up residence there (bit stressful for the frogspawn though). :

Originally posted by tinyreef

that's a full boat you have there! ;)  

the maxima, biowheel (if you kept it), and etc. (LR & blah-blah) should control the ammonia and nitrites.  your wc's should control the nitrates but i concur with gobies, the party's full.

the candy cane, frogspawn, and gsp will be your indicators now.  the gsp will probably be first depending on the sensitivity of the species.  or maybe the frogspawn if the clowns decide to take up residence there (bit stressful for the frogspawn though). :

Ditto.....Cameron

Everything sounds okay, The clowns and the corals should be fine together, just make sure you check your water parameters and make sure everythings stable.

Archived