Innovative Marine Aquariums

Basket for IM 38 problem

Bucknuter

My buddy and I both have the large filter basket for the IM38...neither basket fits under the overflow lip on the IM tank?

Any thoughts? Is this by design? We both just upgraded from the IM16 and we both had your baskets in those tanks...both went under the overflow lip on the 16.

Thank you!

My buddy and I both have the large filter basket for the IM38...neither basket fits under the overflow lip on the IM tank?

Any thoughts? Is this by design? We both just upgraded from the IM16 and we both had your baskets in those tanks...both went under the overflow lip on the 16.

Thank you!

Hi Bucknuter-

IM has changed it's design slightly an is using a different intake piece since we designed the basket. We have this noted on the product page:

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Innovative-Marine-30-38-Media-Basket-IM30MR.htm

Baskets walls are 13-1/2" tall. Please check your aquarium before purchasing to make sure they will fit under the intake grate. Innovative Marine has produced some aquariums with a different intake channel that is lower in the chamber by about 1/8". If you need a shorter basket please contact us before purchasing.

If you have the tools you can cut down one wall so that the basket will fit under the intake. Or cut both "feet" to bring the overall height down. If they are still new we can offer an exchange if you contact us and cover the shipping.

• 2 months later...
Is the design still different? I just ordered one of their nuvo 38s and Im thinking about buying the baskets.

Yes, it's their way of building the tank at this moment. IM doesn't exactly have the best QC being out of China, their overall company, and price point of the product. Measure your tank when you receive to check against the dims on our web page. We also have a another production run where we will shorten the baskets height slightly lessen the width soon.

Archived