inTank Media Baskets

T3i tips and recommendations.

jgpico

Hey guys/gals I just recently picked up a canon t3i and I need some recommendations on lenses and techniques. This is my first dslr so I need all te help I can get. What macro lense hould I look in to and what setting will be best to take good pics under my kessil a350? Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it.

The camera came with the Ef-S 18-55mm lens. I don't have a huge budget at all so super expensive lenses are out of the question at the moment. Maybe later though. I'm just looking for a couple lenses that will work for a wide range of photos.

If you don't want to fork out the money for the 100mm f/2.8 macro, another cheap solution is to pick up a Nikon adapter and then stick an older Nikon macro lens on there. Less than $100 total for some decent macro photography.

18-55mm will do for now while you learn how to use the camera.

+1

In most cases, it could be the only lens you ever really need until you need faster lenses for low light or willing to pay good money for some extra image quality. A 50mm f/1.8 is a must have lens. It feels like something that came out of a gumball machine but it works in low light and gives an incredible image. A 100mm f/2.8 or sigma 150mm f/2.8 macro would be my next suggestion.

Between a 18-55mm kit lens, 50mm F/1.8 and a 100mm or 150mm, you would have just about all of your bases covered for focal lenghts, ability to shoot in low light, and macro.

The 50mm lens was going to be my next purchase. That was the lense my buddy told me I needed to buy. I got this camera from him for helping him set up his tank.

For tank work, the 18-55 is going to be your best bet till you step up to a 100 F/2.8 macro, non-L. There's nothing between them that's worth buying for tank work.

For everything else, the 50mm f/1.8 , aka the "nifty fifty". Will give you a great introduction to fast primes for cheap.

Other than that, used 55-250 are cheap to pick up if you want something with more reach for wildlife and such. However, it's not something you'd ever use on your tank.

For tank work, the 18-55 is going to be your best bet till you step up to a 100 F/2.8 macro, non-L. There's nothing between them that's worth buying for tank work.

For everything else, the 50mm f/1.8 , aka the "nifty fifty". Will give you a great introduction to fast primes for cheap.

Other than that, used 55-250 are cheap to pick up if you want something with more reach for wildlife and such. However, it's not something you'd ever use on your tank.

Awesome, thank you for the recommendations.

Archived