SaltCritters.com

A good reference for feather dusters and other retracting fan like inahabitants

HobokenAddict

HobokenAddict

I noticed yesterday what looks to be some sort of all red feather, fan, worm think. It's poking out of what I think is a calcium deposit(looks like a fingernail cutting on the side of the rock, and will quickly retract when i shine a flashlight on it. Que es esto?

I recently noticed what i think is a bivalve clam, or some type of mollusk. I first saw it kind of growing on my LR, and then it was gone. Yesterday, I was scrubbing some algea of my powerhead, and noticed it had it's white tube(?) up and "filtering" or feeding... I't's too small and my dig. cam sucks so i won't bother with a photo.

Any sites where I can look for references since it's too small to put a photo in?

HobokenAddict

AFter doing a little research, i figured out that I have a coco worm hitchiker, and while looking a little more while the lights were off, i also saw another feather duster, and what may actually be another mollusk, not sure if it's a clam, or a scallop.

As soon as things are bigger, I will post pics

I just love this stuff

cool, I have several hitchhiker clams on my LR lol, they are realy small but somtimes they will open up and stick out what looks like a tongue, they open and cloes alot...

HobokenAddict

Totally, the best is you don't even know what you're going to end up with.

I have a single polyp or mushroom coral that popped out also and the coco worm and dusters are so cool. This new clam looks more like a scallop shell, so very interested in seeing what come of it

Archived