Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

sweeper tentacle pics

jtsam

I have brushed Fire Coral many times while diving .. and it is usually comprable to a jellyfish sting if you have ever been stung by one. Burns like hell for a few hours. As long as you dont rub it .. its not too bad.. If you rub it (which is your natural reaction to a sting ) you spread the mucous on your skin and voradent he area to wcich the nematcysts can sting you.

I guess Fire Coral would be considered an LPS

matt the fiddler

fire coral hurts worse. i was ona dive when some no boyancy noob got above me.. and pushed me into a huge colony of firecoral

now.. i swim close to the reef [3-5 inches :)]... but i have been diving for 8 years so not a problem...

darn peopel who get near me and can't control their boyancy.. i don't mind it if

1- they don't hurt the reefs

2- they don't hurt me....

I too like to hug the reef .. being an avid cave diver as well it is rare that I touch the reef..However, I am an Instructor so I usually have 5 or 6 noob divers right on top of me at all times.

matt the fiddler

oh man.

yea- reef hugger should be my middle name. i learned most of my boyancy skilles doing research around massive firecoral heads [with pencil and waterproof paper for added fun] in 6-20 feet of water, a high current, and 4 foot sweels. yowsers. those were the days living at the crest of the reef for severa hours..... and then some dumb rec dive i do is the first i get stung yuck

yea.. i choose my buddy carefully. but when some one comes on your 6, and you arn't paying attention to the new breathing pattern.. and it catches you off guard.. .

matt the fiddler

so here is the pic of the frogspawn with aprox. inches added. i am pretty sure this ruler is with in about 1/4- 1/8th of an inch.... even though the ruler was added after the fact...

so this is 7" extension. that froggie was 4.5-5" across when fully opened....

froggie%20with%20ruler%20copy.jpg

Archived