Top Shelf Aquatics

frogspawn question

c_hemmerich

c_hemmerich

i recently in troduced a frogspawn into my tank and this morning it was not opening up and it seems as if the outer white layer is peeling off almost drooping off. could this be due to the fact that my tank got 86 degrees farenheit yesterday night? or could it be something else...

also my hammer is not oening either today... could this also be due to heat?

do me a favor...go to your tank, pick the frogspawn and hammer up out of the water and get your nose REAL close to them and take a big sniff...if its a smell that makes ya feel like youre going to toss your cookies...they're dead.

if your tank got up to 86 i think that its time to figure out how you should be cooling your tank. i read your other thread and yeah...keeping a fan blowing over the water is an excellent idea...sucks cuz of evap...but it sucks more to lose corals.

chalk this one up as a learning experience.

oh yeah, i had the same problem since i upgraded to a 96w powerquad in my eclipse12 hood. i lost a lot of expensive corals but luckily all my zoos, and some of my rics made it out. just give them time to get back to normal...and make sure your temp never gets that high again. i'm looking into buying an iceprobe... usually the probe and controller will cost ya around 180 altogether...but check this out http://www.reefchiller.com/proddetail.php?prod=combo

hth

Archived