inTank Media Baskets

Coral colors

crollison

I have a 8g with 32w PC. Are there any blue or yellow corals I can put in my tank? All my corals so far are green or pink:) Also anyone in So Cal seen any small plate or long tent. plate corals. A guy I know just got an orange plate but I forgot to ask him from whereX) Thanks for the help, C

I think Ricordea is a fantastic addition to any tank, and they are available in some incredible colors. They also work very well in nano tanks, as they are very forgiving in comparison to other corals in regards to salinity and water quality fluctuations.

Here is one in my personal tank:

Orange%20Super%20Yuma.JPG

This one is over 2" in diameter. The Orange/ Pink ones are on sale right now for $20.00 somewhere between dime and quarter sized. They are normally $25. The intent of this post was not commercial, but since you asked I hope it was OK to reply with that information.

The large one in the picture is not for sale. One like that can go from $50 to $75. (I have seen online companies getting up to $130!)

:x

are all mushrooms that have all those frilly bumps ricordia? cause i have some purple ones with green tips. just wondering

i have the some ricordia that are purple body with bright green tips with blue mouth! and orange tip with green mouth...they are very nice.

Crollison, you are not far from me..come by my house..i might have a few frag you would like.. I have the white colt frag, and BRIGHT Yellow with Green center Zoos..that should add some yellow to your tank, i am asking $20/frag..btu the zoo colony have at least 30+ polyps on it, unlike most people who only sells a dozen or so polyps for the same price. and the LR its on is about 3"..

BTW- I just got a Bright Red Carpet Anemone on friday! this thing is GORGEOUS!!!! it really shines under my halides..iw ill try to take a picture..i got it for free from a drawing! Anyhow onw knows the value on a RED carpet..i hvae seen a lot of greens and blues..but never seen red. it is about 6" fully opened and super healthy.

thanks all

Originally posted by mxpro32

are all mushrooms that have all those frilly bumps ricordia? cause i have some purple ones with green tips.  just wondering

There are many types of mushrooms that have frilly bumps, but Ricordea have these large, rounded tentacles like in the picture. The colors you describe sound like Ricordea. Do you have any pics?

Anthony, you care to swap some Rics sometime?

Those sound interesting...

I am building a brood stock of all of the bright and rare color combinations that I can accumulate.

I don't think I have ever seen an ugly Ricordea.

Pal- i am always interested in swaping corals for the ones that i don't already have..too bad you are so far away..i mostly swop locally.

Crollison-I know, i have been one of them that is in search of a Red carpet, until i finally found one and was lucky ..so lucky to won it from a raffle, with only $5 of tickets that i bought..hahaha..so far..i have heard they are ranged any where from $35 - $100...but just wanted more opinions on them..

Archived